Effective Representation In All Types Of Theft Cases And Property Crime
Theft offenses range from minor shoplifting to major property crimes. You could face severe fines and penalties, including years in jail and other life-changing factors. No matter what type of theft charge you face, it is always important to speak with a seasoned criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
I have dedicated my entire career to criminal defense. My background includes a criminal justice degree, clerking in criminal court and seven years as a staff attorney for the East Baton Rouge public defender’s office, where I handled thousands of cases.
I understand the entire spectrum of the criminal defense field. I will conduct a comprehensive investigation to develop a defense that gets you the best possible outcome.
Burglary And Related Property Crimes
Louisiana law addresses the taking of something of value from a place (or a person) differently. Penalties and fines vary and can be based on the value of the property stolen as well as possible aggravating factors, including:
- Burglary: Taking property from an enclosed area (or committing a felony within)
- Possession of stolen goods: Charges vary depending on the goods
- Concealment: To intentionally fail to disclose information during a financial transaction
- Robbery: Taking property from a person through threat or intimidation
- Looting: Taking property during a hurricane or other disaster
Consult with me as soon as possible so I can begin building you a solid defense that protects your rights now and in the future.
We Understand Your Future Is In The Balance
You can reach our office in Shreveport by calling 800-640-1954 or contact us online.